UCRPC a non-profit organization that is committed to help refugees build new life in Utah County. We are currently looking for a Social Media and Blog intern who is interested in pursuing an opportunity to support our efforts to help refugee and immigrants in Utah County.
As the Social Media and Blog intern, you will focus on supporting UCRPC’s advocacy strategy and campaigns, create new content and research relevant content to publish to UCRPC’S Blog, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, schedule and manage content on Hoot suite, update blog content, find and select images, write captions, engage with field offices, partners, Allied Agencies and UCRPC’s staff to develop new content, review and create content for the website, including updating pages, monitoring press mentions, attend UCRPC events to develop content and take photos for blog and other social media platforms; follow up to interface with social media followers/comments on our posts as well as liking and commenting on partner social media pages to increase our following and community partnerships, and assist with monitoring and reporting on the success of social media initiatives. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
The Social Media intern will learn how to take his or her knowledge and skills from the classroom and directly apply them to our work environment. The intern will assist under the direction of our Director of Government and Community Relations.
You Will Learn How To:
- Become articulate regarding refugees/immigrants and current US policy/issues
- Develop messaging and gain experience in communicating to a large audience while representing CRPC
- Use branding to determine social media choices
- Monitor refugee and immigrant related news of interests to the organization
What we are looking for:
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable with a strong interest and experience in social media and blogging
- Professional or prior internship experience using Facebook, Twitter, Word Press, Instagram, Hootsuite, Vimeo required.
- Experience must be outside of personal use
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Professional demeanor, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to take and upload digital photos; photography experience a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Interest in refugee resettlement, immigration, and human trafficking issues
UCRPC is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career interests and goals. You will gain a better understanding of the role of a Planning and Development department within a non-profit setting and grasp UCRPC’s central business goals and development agenda. In addition, you will learn how to coordinate and assist our staff in a professional work environment. Interns are provided several other opportunities to learn more about the organization,
This internship begins January 17, 2017 and requires a 20 hours per week commitment. UCRPC internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week and interns may not be in the office more than 8 hours per day.
- Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Grant and Fundraising Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter, stating your interest and qualifications
- 3-5 page grant proposal narrative or otherwise relevant writing sample
- Two references (names and contact information only)
To learn more about Utah Community & Refugee Partnership Center (UCRPC), please visit our website at www.ucrpc.org or come to our office located at 125 East 300 South Suite 205, Provo, UT 84606